Webasto fault codes with explanations
See also: Webasto Air Top 2000ST Fault Codes
The fault code is shown on the control panel as a binary number, or by the number of flashes of the LED on the console, then one flash corresponds to the error F01 and so on. If there is no LED, then you need to connect a low-power light bulb or LED through the resistance to the chip contacts according to the heater circuit and read the codes.
faulty control unit.
-block can sometimes be revived, the reason is possible and the physical-burned circuit or radio component, or flashing firmware, this is to specialists
2 failed start attempts or no flame is generated
– the reason may be many factors
– it may have coked up, \ mesh burned out fuel sprayer,
– this is not a full flow of fuel – the fuel line or air leakage is blocked or the fuel pump has frozen (water inside),
– The exhaust pipe got stuck,
– the air pipe got stuck,
– a faulty candle (incandescent pin), that is, the computer sees a candle in good condition, but in fact it has either burnt out or has accumulated soot
flame break (repeated more than 3 times)
– almost the same reasons as with error F01,
voltage drop below permissible or increase above permissible
– The cause of the increased voltage is mainly voltage regulator (chocolate) overcharge,
– the cause of the undervoltage may be a poor contact of the power supply to the stove and a voltage drop on the rotten wire, as well as a planted battery,
premature flame recognition
the cause may be a malfunction of the flame sensor, if the error often pops up, it is recommended to change the sensor,
open circuit or short circuit of the flame sensor (only AT 2000 ST gasoline!)
– it is recommended to open the stove and measure the flame sensor with a tester
open circuit or short circuit temperature sensor
– it is recommended to open the stove and measure the temperature sensor with a tester,
open circuit or short circuit of the metering pump
– control unit stove when testing rejected the fuel pump,
open circuit or short circuit of the blower motor, overload or blocking of the blower impeller,
– the same reason for this malfunction can be the shortening of the motor winding and the wear of the bearings,
open circuit or short circuit of the glow plug,
– control unit stove when testing rejected the glow plug,
– the overheating sensor is located on the outer side of the combustion chamber body closer to the air or liquid outlet, check with a tester (if in good condition, the tester shows the resistance of the “nail”.)
open circuit or short circuit heating limiter,
– to make measurement of a sensor by a tester
blocking air heater Webasto,
– it is necessary to unlock the heater
– there are 3 fuses on autonomous heaters, only the middle one is needed, which de-energizes only the stove itself, but not the control panel; pull out the fuse on the stove itself, wait 5 seconds and plug it back in, immediately after that start the heater and pull out the same fuse 5 seconds when the remote control is on, insert it back and run it, unlocked, but it is necessary to identify the cause of the malfunction, in order to avoid re-blocking
overheating sensor incorrect position
The temperature around the Webasto air heater cannot exceed 85 C.
– the overheating sensor is located on the outer side of the combustion chamber body closer to the air or liquid outlet, check with a tester
open circuit or short circuit of a variable resistor on the control.
-the cause can be both the wires to the console and the contacts, and the wear or burning of the power regulator.