David Brown Tractors: owner’s, service and maintenance manuals, error codes list, DTC, spare parts manuals & catalogues, wiring diagrams, schematics free download PDF
|Title||File Size||Download Links|
|David Brown 1200 Selectamatic Instruction Book [PDF]||3.8Mb||Download|
|David Brown 1390 Workshop Manual [PDF]||31Mb||Download|
|David Brown 1394 Operators Manual [PDF]||21.8Mb||Download|
|David Brown 1690 Tractor Operators Manual [PDF]||6Mb||Download|
|David Brown 25D-30D Tractor Operator’s and Maintenance Manual [PDF]||4.4Mb||Download|
|David Brown 780 Selectamatic Instruction Book [PDF]||9.8Mb||Download|
|David Brown 850 & 880 & 950 & 990 Implematic Repair manual [PDF]||32.6Mb||Download|
|David Brown 850, 880 and 990 Instruction Book [PDF]||1.8Mb||Download|
|David Brown 850, 880, 990 Tractor Driver’s Guide [PDF]||1.6Mb||Download|
|David Brown Tractor Parts Catalog [PDF]||2.8Mb||Download|
British technology firm David Brown is a household name for its tractors. David Brown is often cited with Harry Ferguson as one of the forefathers of contemporary tractor design. The prestigious automaker Aston Martin belonged to the firm between 1946 and 1972; starting in 1947, it also owned the Lagonda brand.
Educated as a pattern maker, David Brown established his company in Huddersfield that year. Huddersfield’s mainstay industry was the production of wooden gears for use in the textile trade. Around 1910, the firm expanded to become the biggest gear manufacturer in the Empire. The grandson of the company’s founder was profoundly affected by the level of automation on American farms during a trip to the country in the 1930s. With a revolutionary hydraulic linkage, Harry Ferguson created the “Black Tractor” in 1929. Starting in 1936, David Brown and Harry Ferguson worked together to manufacture 1,350 Ferguson-Brown Type A automobiles. Unfortunately, ties between Ferguson and Brown quickly cooled. Ferguson immigrated to the United States from England, where he eventually went into business with Henry Ford.
The VAK 1 (vehicle, agricultural, kerosene, model 1) was David Brown’s first tractor, introduced in 1939. Although orders for 3,000 units were received, production could not keep up with demand because of the outbreak of World War II. Only a thousand were made in reality. Construction resumed back up after the war ended.
It was under the leadership of the founder’s grandson, Sir David Brown, that the business acquired Aston Martin in 1946, and then Lagonda the following year. From 1927 to 1960, a division known as the David Brown Organisation raced sports cars and Formula 1 cars.
Albion, a maker of farm equipment, was acquired by another company in 1955. David Brown sold tractors to Oliver Corporation in the United States from 1960 to 1963 before entering the American market himself in 1963. The classic yellow and red palette was swapped out for white and brown in 1965. The organization underwent major changes in the 1970s. Tenneco International Inc. purchased David Brown Tractors in 1972, and the company was subsequently merged into Case Corporation. The tractor’s engine and gearbox blocks are now orange. A Ford Motor Company affiliate purchased the vehicle division. In 1983, production of tractors ceased under the David Brown brand in favor of the Case trademark. In 1985, Tenneco International acquired the long-standing International Harvester Company (IHC). The tractors, now manufactured under the Case-IH brand, were marketed in the company’s signature red and black. After 52 years of production, the Meltham Mills facility where all David Brown tractors were built was shut down in 1988.
Textron bought the technology firm David Brown in 1998. David Brown manufactures components used in the propulsion of trains, ships, and tanks (including the Challenger 2) In 2008, Clyde Blowers purchased the company’s vintage transmission segment.
Clyde Blowers Capital, a Glasgow investment conglomerate, acquired Santasalo in 2016 and combined company with David Brown to establish David Brown Santasalo. They claim to have had over a thousand workers across seven facilities in 2017.